Rose Cora Perry - Rocking and Making a Difference
Drawing comparisons to Alanis Morisette and Norah Jones, Rose Cora Perry is making moves this year with new music. Her sophomore solo album, Onto the Floor, was released November 2016.
Her story starts when she was only four years old. She began classical voice training and debut her first live performance on stage. She then tackled the act of writing her first song by the time she was seven. By the age of 15 she was the CEO of her own record label and publicity firm. Rose Cora Perry is not a novice when it comes to music. She has been captivating audiences with her unique and innovative voice.
Losing your job is very unfortunate but it happens. Unemployment benefits is temporary financial assistance for the workers who lose their position due to no fault termination.
Here's how you can apply!
To qualify for unemployment benefits in Texas, you must have worked in Texas during the past 12 to 18 months and have at least a minimum amount of wages as required by our guidelines. You must also be able to work, available for work, and looking for work each week that you are requesting benefits.
Once you have determined that you qualify for unemployment benefits your next step is to fill out the online application. Every state has a different website link. Contact your local Workforce Commission.
The federal Department of Labor's website says that you can expect your first unemployment check two or three weeks after you apply, if you submit all of the required information.
We all know that staying active is very important when dieting but some exercises can cause serious injury. Here are a few that you may need to consider avoiding.
By K. Graves
The holidays have come and gone, but winter is still here. Between the blistering cold outside and the heat blasting inside, it is a must to keep skin hydrated and radiant. Here are a few tips to protect your skin from the most savage winter weather.
1. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is needed because dry skin build up can prevent moisturizers from penetrating. This step helps your moisturizer to absorb better.
2. Moisturize: Your face is subject to lose more moisture during the winter than the rest of your body because it is exposed the most. Moisturizing your skin with one that fits your needs will help retain moisture and make you look more radiant.
3. Use a humidifier: There's nothing like being in a nice cozy home when it's cold. But the inside heat can also rob your skin of its moisture. Keep the temperature comfortable, but not too hot for too long. Use a humidifier to replace lost indoor moisture.
4. Take care of your hands: Your hands have the thinnest skin on your body and they are usually exposed just as much as your face. Keep them moisturized by using a moisturizing hand cream and wear gloves.
5. Avoid wool and other irritating materials: Wearing wool, nylon or polyester can make your dry, itchy skin worse. The best material for you to wear is cotton. If you have to wear wool, wear a light one like merino wool. It's less irritating. Or you can opt to wear a cotton shirt underneath.
By LaCrecia Steward
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama was destined for greatness.
For the past eight years she has been graciously known as the First Lady of the United States of America, wife to President Barack Obama and mother to her girls, Malia and Sasha. Her presence in the White House will be the most remembered, revered, and inspirational.
Michelle Obama was born January 17, 1964 in Chicago to Fraser Robinson III, a pump operator for the city of Chicago, and Marian Robinson. Mrs. Robinson remained at home to take care of Michelle and her older brother, Craig.
Michelle attended public schools in Chicago and quickly excelled. Following in her brother's footsteps, she attended Princeton University, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Sociology and minoring in African American studies. She went on to obtain her Juris Doctor from Harvard Law school.
From a lawyer, wife, mother, and public servant, our First Lady has had her hands full over the past several years in the White House. She has created an awareness for healthy eating and living by initiating the Let's Move campaign in 2009. It was created to provide resources for children and families to encourage healthier lifestyles, provide healthier foods in schools, and promote increased physical activity.
In 2011 our First Lady along with Dr. Jill Biden launched Joining Forces. This is a nationwide initiative calling on all Americans to support our service members, veterans, and their families. This initiative provides support through education, wellness, and employment opportunities.
In 2014 and 2015 education would be center of the final two initiatives - Reach Higher and Let Girls Learn. Reach Higher is an effort to inspire all students in America to be proactive about their future by furthering their education beyond high school. This would include a professional training program, community college, or four year university. Let Girls Learn is an initiative which brings together several agencies to address the challenges preventing adolescent girls from attaining a quality education that empowers them to reach their full potential.
First Lady Michelle Obama's time in the White House has not been wasted. In fact she will leave behind a legacy that will forever be remembered. Her lasting impression on the world will be felt for years. She entered the White House with dignity, class, and self-respect and she is leaving with it. Women are stronger and better because of her example and for that First Lady, we thank you!
First Lady Michelle Obama - our Legendary Woman in History
The fear of failure is called "atychiphobia". It is when we allow fear to stop us from doing the things that can move us forward to achieve our goals. Fear can keep you from experiencing everything life has to offer. So many people will allow fear to overtake them which, can ultimately keep you from growing. Let's see how we can overcome fear together.
Acknowledge the problem: Don't try to avoid situations. This does not make issues disappear.
It is always best to talk with a friend or seek professional help if you feel overwhelmed. We all experience anxiety at some point in life and you do not have to face your fears alone.
Most of the foods we enjoy are not always good for us. If you're trying to lose wieght or obtain a healthier lifestyle there are a list of foods that you should think twice about.
Research and consult with a licensed nutritionist before any major changes to your diet.
THE EYES HAVE IT!
This holiday season there's nothing sexier than a smokey eye. Just like a bold red lip color, it demands attention! And creating a seductive (wink-worthy) look is easier than you think if you follow these steps.
1. Using your ring finger tip, apply a good primer to your eyelid.
2. Apply a neutral shade (close to your skin tone) on your entire eyelid, using an all over shadow brush.
3. Apply dark grey eyeshadow on your brow bone. Blend just right above the crease of your eye. This shade will make the blending between the black shades much smoother.
4. Using your darkest black eyeliner, line your eyelid and blend everything out.
5. Apply a black matte eye shadow using a flat brush. Blend some more, using a blending brush. Clean up any excess shadow with concealer so it won't smudge.
6. Add a pop of glitter on the center of your eyelid.
7. Line your waterline with black eyeliner. Using a small smudge brush, apply grey and black eye shadow below the waterline and blend. Highlight inner corners.
8. Finish with two coats of mascara, a pair of your favorite lashes and there you have it! A classic smokey eye!
Although this is the most common, a smokey eye can be created with any shade, but remember, BLENDING along with using the proper tools is the key.
By LaCrecia Steward
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!