The holidays have come and gone, but winter is still here. Between the blistering cold outside and the heat blasting inside, it is a must to keep skin hydrated and radiant. Here are a few tips to protect your skin from the most savage winter weather.
1. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is needed because dry skin build up can prevent moisturizers from penetrating. This step helps your moisturizer to absorb better.
2. Moisturize: Your face is subject to lose more moisture during the winter than the rest of your body because it is exposed the most. Moisturizing your skin with one that fits your needs will help retain moisture and make you look more radiant.
3. Use a humidifier: There's nothing like being in a nice cozy home when it's cold. But the inside heat can also rob your skin of its moisture. Keep the temperature comfortable, but not too hot for too long. Use a humidifier to replace lost indoor moisture.
4. Take care of your hands: Your hands have the thinnest skin on your body and they are usually exposed just as much as your face. Keep them moisturized by using a moisturizing hand cream and wear gloves.
5. Avoid wool and other irritating materials: Wearing wool, nylon or polyester can make your dry, itchy skin worse. The best material for you to wear is cotton. If you have to wear wool, wear a light one like merino wool. It's less irritating. Or you can opt to wear a cotton shirt underneath.
By LaCrecia Steward
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!