For years fashion has been a part of lifestyle. It never stays the same. There are new trends and styles emerging everyday in the fashion world. In most cases, people tend to follow the latest fashion trend in order to keep up with today's society.
Sometimes an individual is judged from their style. A style represents what type of person someone is inside and out. It may also represent what kind of group they belong to. Are you wondering how? Well, we can say that someone belongs to the 'edgy group' by looking at their chosen outfits, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories, etc.
The four seasons in the year should dictate some of your style. With each season you should be prepared to dress differently according to the weather. Here are some examples for setting up proper clothing for each season.
January through March (November and December included) - Down jacket or coat. Enough protection against the cold is necessary. Scarf and gloves are must haves.
April and May - Jacket and sweaters, long sleeve shirts. Depending on the days, it is better to have a light jacket or cardigan.
June through August- Half sleeve shirts are enough to wear as far as tops.
September and October - Half sleeve shirts during the day time hours. Temperatures are lower early morning and at night so adjust accordingly.
Remember, with fashion anything goes. If you are someone who just needs the basic formula always start out with three colors. Use the third color to be an added piece to accent your attire. For example, try a basic white shirt with a black skirt complemented by a gold belt.
Your confidence will always complete your attire.
Be bold, be beautiful, be you!
By Toni Lyons
The Perfect Red Lips
It's hard to believe how fast the holidays are approaching! Family gatherings, potlucks at the job, Ugly Sweater parties, and the hustle and bustle of gift shopping will have everyone busy. But one thing's for sure, you will want your holiday makeup to be on point, and the perfect red lip is sure to turn heads! Here's a few tips on how to achieve it.
1. Exfoliate to smooth your lips and reduce crevices. There are some great lip balms available, but my favorite lip treatment is the 2 step Satin Lips Lip Mask by Mary Kay.
2. Moisturize your lips with a super moisturizing lip balm, as they tend to be a little drier during winter months. Apply the rest of your makeup as it soaks in.
3. Remove the balm and pat your lips completely dry.
4. Apply a little translucent setting powder to your lips. This prevents bleeding outside the lip line and makes the lipstick really stick.
5. Line your lips with a skin toned lip pencil. IT Cosmetics, Your Lips But Better, Nyx Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Nude and MAC Lip Pencil in Spice are just a few popular liners. Be sure to find one that matches your lip color.
6. Apply lipstick to the center of your lips as well as the outer corners and bottom lip. Blot and fill in the rest.
7. Use a small brush or your ring finger to apply a little translucent powder then LIGHTLY repeat step 6. This step will help your lipstick last all day and night. 8. Apply a concealer to clean up any areas if needed. You can use a concealer brush or a q-tip. Now you have pucker perfect lips! So pucker up!!
By LaCrecia Steward
Top 5 Red Lipsticks
1. Makeup Forever Artist Rouge Lipstick-Holiday Kiss Collection (Sephora)
2. Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Coutoure Lipstick (Neiman Marcus)
3. Lancôme Color Design Lipstick (Macy's)
4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Cruella (Sephora)
5. NARS Lipstick Jungle Red (Sephora)
Makeup costs the average woman hundreds of dollars annually, and in her lifetime, she will spend $15,000 on makeup alone. That doesn't include other feminine products she MUST have! That's a lot of money invested just to doll yourself up on occasions because most women only do the basic everyday light foundation, mascara and lip gloss or lipstick.
So to get your dollars worth, here's a few tips on when to toss and clean out your makeup kit.
By Makeup Consultant LaCrecia Steward
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!