Today there is a very high rate of divorce and failed marriages because a lot of people entered into the marriage without preparing properly.They thought love was enough to carry them through and failed to build a solid foundation for marriage.There are many questions you need to ask yourself before seeking out your potential spouse.
Here are 20 questions that I think every single person should ask him or herself before deciding to get married.
1. Do I truly know what commitment, sacrifice and faithfulness is?
2. Am I spiritual, emotional, mentally and financially ready for it?
3. Do I have unresolved issues with my parents or elders, and if so, am I taking steps to work through them?
4. Have I lived on my own, and if not, do I want to?
5. Where do I stand on having children? Do I want kids or not? Have I considered all possibilities?
6. Am I ready and willing to embrace my spouse’s family (including children he or she may have) as my own?
7. Do I know who I am and what I want out of life?
8. Does my joy and happiness only come from this person?
9. Am I still carrying sexual, emotional, behavioural and spiritual baggage from past relationships?
10. When it comes to the life I have dreamed of, what are the things that I consider non-negotiable?
11. Do I believe in traditional roles of a husband and wife in marriage, or do I expect something different?
12. Do I pretend when I am with him/her or am I myself?
13. Why do I want to marry this person? Are they great reasons?
14. What would be missing from my life if she or he weren't in it?
15. Do we share the same values, principles and world views?
16. Does he or she respect and value me? Do I?
17. Am I getting married because I want a wedding or because I want to have a great marriage?
18. Do I feel pressure from my parents, family, friends, pastor or age to get married?
19. Does he or she bring something of value into my life?
20. Do I know how to submit and to love?
Take the Singles Survey!
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!