By Amanda Kay
1. Drink LOTS of water!!
Drink water all through the day and before and after every meal. This helps keep you full and keep you from overeating.
2. Don't drink your calories.
Stay away from sodas, juices, and sweet tea. These add up to 300 calories to your meal. This doesn't include the tons of sugar you are drinking.
3. Eat protein at every meal to prevent from getting hungry or groucny.
Make sure your protein is lean protein such as chicken breast or fish. Stay away from red meats and pork.
4. Lower your intake of anything "white."
Eliminate or lower your intake on things such as bread, pasta, white rice.
Replace those with brown rice, whole grain pasta and whole wheat bread.
5. Eat some sort of fiber at every meal.
Fiber helps with weight loss by helping with digestion, so make sure half of your meals are fruits and veggies.
6. No carbs after lunch, no fruit no later than 2pm.
To make sure to give your body time to burn those carbs before bed, try not eating anything "carby" after 2pm.
7. Learn to read food labels and learn what it is you are actually eating.
You want to make sure that you are "eating clean" as possible. This means staying away from packaged and processed foods. If you can't read the ingrediants, don't eat it!
8. No more added sugars. This includes artifical. Ween yourself off.
Sugar turns into fat!! You will lose fat faster if you lower your sugar intake.
9. Never skip breakfast!
Breakfast is the best meal of the day. Eating a well-balanced breakfast gets your metabolism going and keeps you alert and feeling good through out the day. Donuts or kolaches are not allowed!
10. Never go to bed on a full stomach.
Try to eat at least 2 hours before bed. As a rule of thumb, eat before 7:30pm.
11. Sleep right.
Getting enough sleep is so important to weight loss. This gives your body time to recoup and restore. Strive to get at least 7 hours each night.
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!