THE EYES HAVE IT!
This holiday season there's nothing sexier than a smokey eye. Just like a bold red lip color, it demands attention! And creating a seductive (wink-worthy) look is easier than you think if you follow these steps.
1. Using your ring finger tip, apply a good primer to your eyelid.
2. Apply a neutral shade (close to your skin tone) on your entire eyelid, using an all over shadow brush.
3. Apply dark grey eyeshadow on your brow bone. Blend just right above the crease of your eye. This shade will make the blending between the black shades much smoother.
4. Using your darkest black eyeliner, line your eyelid and blend everything out.
5. Apply a black matte eye shadow using a flat brush. Blend some more, using a blending brush. Clean up any excess shadow with concealer so it won't smudge.
6. Add a pop of glitter on the center of your eyelid.
7. Line your waterline with black eyeliner. Using a small smudge brush, apply grey and black eye shadow below the waterline and blend. Highlight inner corners.
8. Finish with two coats of mascara, a pair of your favorite lashes and there you have it! A classic smokey eye!
Although this is the most common, a smokey eye can be created with any shade, but remember, BLENDING along with using the proper tools is the key.
By LaCrecia Steward
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!