The Perfect Red Lips
It's hard to believe how fast the holidays are approaching! Family gatherings, potlucks at the job, Ugly Sweater parties, and the hustle and bustle of gift shopping will have everyone busy. But one thing's for sure, you will want your holiday makeup to be on point, and the perfect red lip is sure to turn heads! Here's a few tips on how to achieve it.
1. Exfoliate to smooth your lips and reduce crevices. There are some great lip balms available, but my favorite lip treatment is the 2 step Satin Lips Lip Mask by Mary Kay.
2. Moisturize your lips with a super moisturizing lip balm, as they tend to be a little drier during winter months. Apply the rest of your makeup as it soaks in.
3. Remove the balm and pat your lips completely dry.
4. Apply a little translucent setting powder to your lips. This prevents bleeding outside the lip line and makes the lipstick really stick.
5. Line your lips with a skin toned lip pencil. IT Cosmetics, Your Lips But Better, Nyx Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Nude and MAC Lip Pencil in Spice are just a few popular liners. Be sure to find one that matches your lip color.
6. Apply lipstick to the center of your lips as well as the outer corners and bottom lip. Blot and fill in the rest.
7. Use a small brush or your ring finger to apply a little translucent powder then LIGHTLY repeat step 6. This step will help your lipstick last all day and night. 8. Apply a concealer to clean up any areas if needed. You can use a concealer brush or a q-tip. Now you have pucker perfect lips! So pucker up!!
By LaCrecia Steward
Top 5 Red Lipsticks
1. Makeup Forever Artist Rouge Lipstick-Holiday Kiss Collection (Sephora)
2. Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Coutoure Lipstick (Neiman Marcus)
3. Lancôme Color Design Lipstick (Macy's)
4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Cruella (Sephora)
5. NARS Lipstick Jungle Red (Sephora)
View Woman blog
WE EDUCATE AND EMPOWER WOMEN!