Cooking for someone is a nurturing activity that shows you care.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Ready In
3 h 35 m
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edges. Remove from heat and stir sugar into cream until it dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool.
- Combine avocado and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add lime juice and process until smooth; whisk into the cooled cream mixture.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the avocado mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream.
- Spoon avocado mixture into the prepared pie crust; smooth surface with a spatula. Freeze until solid, at least 2 hours. Let cheesecake sit at room temperature until slightly softened yet firm enough to slice before serving, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) containers yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 3 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Combine flour, eggs, yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Set the dough aside for 30 minutes.
- Form the dough into balls with a 2-inch diameter.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 365 degrees F (190 degrees C) in a large pot or deep fryer over high heat. It is best to use a basket or slotted spoon for deep frying the sufganiyot, as the oil will be extremely hot. Deep fry the dough in the oil. Let the sufganiyot cool and drain on paper towels.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Affordable Dinner Wines..
- 2012 Murphy-Goode Merlot, Calif. (97 percent merlot, 3 percent cabernet sauvignon): hint of oak, aromas and flavors of black cherries and black pepper, full body, firm tannins; $15.
- 2013 Makara Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand (100 percent sauvignon blanc): aromas and flavors of white grapefruit and gooseberries, crisp and lively; $14.
- 2013 Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio delle Venezie IGT (87 percent pinot grigio, 13 percent chardonnay): light, crisp and fruity, with aromas and flavors of lemons and peaches; $12.
- 2013 Light Horse Pinot Noir, Napa Valley (100 percent pinot noir): aromas and flavors of red raspberries, licorice and spice, medium body; $15.
- 2012 Coltibuono "Cetamura" Chianti DOCG (sangiovese): light-bodied and young, with aromas and flavors of tart cherries and mocha, light, smooth tannins; $11.
- Nonvintage Mionetto Prosecco Brut, DOC Treviso (100 percent glera): mildly fizzy, aromas and flavors of ripe apricots and green apples; $14.
- 2012 Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon, California (100 percent cabernet sauvignon): deep purple, aromas and flavors of black cherries and mocha, full-bodied, ripe; $15.